Little Acts of Self Care: Shopping on a Budget
Unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve heard the phrase “New Year, New Me.” There are so many meanings we could pull from this phrase but I’d like to focus on one in particular. It may be time to update your wardrobe, but if you’re like me another resolution may be to save more this year. The big question is how do you balance both? Well, I linked up with Tyler of Thrifts & Tangles to get some tips on updating your wardrobe without hurting your wallet
- Hang the items you already own: A lot of times we forget about pieces in our wardrobe when they are folded away. Hang up as many items as you can, so they aren’t out of site or out of mind. Who knows, you may have items that you forgot about hidden away in a drawer. This is an instant trick to refreshing your wardrobe, without spending any money.
- Add unique statement pieces to your wardrobe: These pieces are great because you only need a few of them in your wardrobe. These pieces will transform any basic look into a stylish look. Bold jackets and sweaters make great statement pieces.
- Shop secondhand: Thrift stores are the perfect place to shop when refreshing your wardrobe because you can score amazing items without spending lots of money. If you don’t have any good thrift stores near you, you can always shop secondhand online at Ebay.com or Thredup.com
- Look for accessories: Whether it’s a necklace, a purse, or a scarf, one simple accessory will refresh any look
- Versatility is key: When shopping for new wardrobe items, try to buy pieces that can be worn lots of ways. Before buying the item, imagine three different ways to style it to make sure you can get lots are wears out of it.
Tyler and I spent the day at Savers sorting through racks of gently used clothes pulling out gem after gem. As you can see in the pictures above we found more than enough steals. Since my closet consists of mostly black clothing I really resonated with her statement piece tip. I was able to find a couple of jackets and an amazing shawl that I can’t get enough of. (Pictured below) I hope you find these tips helpful, I sure did. Be sure to let me know what tip you’re going to apply to your next shopping trip! Happy Shopping!
Sending positive vibes your way.